Friday, March 1, 2013

The gift of Vulnerability

She spoke the words and they stung...

Boy did they sting. Yet I just smiled and turned my face to the window. My wondering mind began to re-collect, cold words spoken, indifference and a "not-so-subtle" change in character...Laughing hard at me, I realized, I had fallen prey to my heart once more

 “And maybe that was love. Being so vulnerable and allowing someone else in so far they could hurt you"....

Christime Feehan's words taunted me...me who once again, had taken a relationship to be more that it actually was. 

I don't do this so often, my heart is not that unruly, but when I find a kindred spirit (well at least I always believe they are), my heart opens up like the morning glory does to the rays of sunshine.



Its been two weeks, but finally, I'm back to me...see, I'm not ashamed that I gave more than I received, neither do i regret that I believed what was not. Cos in life, I've learnt that to be vulnerable is to be alive, to be strong...I'd rather live and hurt than be dead so I do not hurt, and to live life void of vulnerability, is to live yet be dead

 “I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You’ll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we’re at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.

Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity.”  (Luke 6:35-38)

 So once again, I pick myself up, re-align my heart with reality and wait, cos I know, come tomorrow, I will be vulnerable again...Vulnerability is not weakness, Vulnerability is strength, its courage. 



So when next you love without being loved in return, remember this...To be able to feel love, that in its own is a gift...cherish it, rejoice in it, then step back and let the other person just be.

We bumped into each other yesterday, we chatted, we laughed, she mentioned how we don't ride together again...I smiled a genuine smile as I said "maybe sometime soon". 




 1000 Gifts - Joy Dare
7- Thankful for the gift of vulnerability

8- Thankful for the gift of forgiveness
9- Thankful for the gift of healing





9 comments:

  1. Deep and so true. A heartbreak is a heartbreak is a heartbreak and it hurts but i'd rather that than not feel anymore. I know it's a hard though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gbam Toin. You and me both. No matter how hard, its still worth it

      Delete
  2. I think that we cannot truly live life until we have been vulnerable. I love, love, love this post. And more than before I am inspired to do the 1000 gifts joy dare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it Jay, we really cannot. Its like being a flower that NEVER blooms.

      At no 9, with 991 more to go, it sure seems daunting but, no be God :), there's still much more to be thankful for :). Kisses to ur lil one

      Delete
  3. Loving should be a selfless act , not expecting anything in return will hurt less if the other party walks away.

    It hurts , but that's because we are human and it's a part of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is truly courage, and that is why love is the best we can do, to God, to ourselves and to others. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you doing? Trust that you are good. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am...such a timely comment, was just about to put up a post....once I'm done, I'm off on a blogroll...yipeee!!!!

      Delete
  6. beautiful, such wisdom helped me clarify my own post on this topic. So thank you for sharing and feel free to stop by my page: http://reimaginepeace.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete