Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ignite the flame....



When we first met, it was like a fairy tale. One thought of You and the world was a better place.
Excitement came with each new experience, the closer to You I drew, the closer to me You got
I defied all else just to be with You...parents, friends, not one stood a chance.
For none other could bring me to this place, this place where I’m lost and You are found.

Now the years for me have passed, and along with it my zeal, my zest
Like an old married couple sometimes I forget, how much time it takes to make us work.
So I set myself on this journey, for rekindle the fire, this I sure must do
Without You, I am incomplete...like a journey through the desert, You are my oasis.

I’d take time out to put You in my center, which indeed is where You ought to be.
I’d run daily thoughts by You, like “wow, can You smell the sweetness of wet earth”
Date nights are a definite must, strolls in the evening, just You and me.
And yes of course, we’d communicate a lot more...what better way to draw closer than this.

I shared my plans with friends, and I giggled as I did.
Remembering how we started, I’m filled with much anticipation.
I know in the days to come, I’d learn new was to love you anew
Sweet Jesus, you mean more than this world to me.


 Passion ... We need to work it, stoke it and build it.

Jeremiah 20:9 His word is in my heart like a burning fire! 

Rom 12:11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord.

16 comments:

  1. So you mean the passion for Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, as with the passion for other things o.

      As much as its by Grace, we still need to take steps towards drawing closer to Him, guess that's what I'm getting at :)

      Delete
  2. My goodness... I was engrossed from beginning to the last full stop. So engulfing how you described it. I was still telling Him yesterday, "Lord, help me to be addicted to getting you concerned about me". Addicted to love (God Himself).

    Bless your heart ma.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes o aburo, may He continually help us all and may we daily learn to love as we are loved :)

      Delete
  3. Sigh that was so beautiful...lovely read! There's no love like God's love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None at all o. His love surpasses ALL

      Delete
  4. hmmm... I can so relate to this. For a while now it's been ups and downs in my relationship with Him, always my fault of course but the last couple of days have been exciting. I feel His presence, i hear Him talk to me again, i'm getting back to that place where i look forward to reading the Bible and it's just all sorts of overwhelming. A relationship with God is the most beautiful thing on earth and the death and resurrection of Jesus, our Saviour, just seals it all up.

    Have a blessed Easter weekend and may the flames of your love for God always burn bright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, while I was writting this, the song "Let the flame burn brighter" kept ringing in my head, and here you are mentioning part of the lyrics :).....A big amen to that.

      Enjoy your Easter too.

      Delete
  5. Nice one. May this Easter bring a renewal for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!

    How so easy it is to let the passion of our firs love grow dim.

    Renew us again. Let the fire in our hearts never die.

    Happy Easter Dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so like the way you wrote this.
    Beautiful...describes it.

    I can relate with "Now the years for me have passed, and along with it my zeal, my zest
    Like an old married couple sometimes I forget, how much time it takes to make us work"

    May He re-ignite in us His passion again.
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav part "Now the years for me have passed, and along with it my zeal, my zest
    Like an old married couple sometimes I forget, how much time it takes to make us work.
    So I set myself on this journey, for rekindle the fire, this I sure must do". A lovely poem

    barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I slept, but my heart was awake.
    The voice of my beloved! he knocketh ...", Song of Songs 5: 2.

    Be all get a bit jaded; His love stays the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post jhazmyn...you know I was just wondering what a version that focused on the Holy Spirit would sound like...this is a part of the trinity thats very present in empowering us in our day to day lives and making us do exploits we could never do in the flesh...

    ReplyDelete