Friday, October 8, 2010

When I wondered why...

I had been in the mud pits for most of that day
Being a child, I loved the mud,
I loved its sticky browness and its seeming warmth
The way it made its way into the crevices between toes n fingers
The way it caked on my skin when I let it stay on me a while.
I loved the mud


I remember getting home and seeing my siblins
Beaming excitedly as they packed for summer camp.
You see, today was the first day of camp
Daisy, CeeCee and Karen were sure to go.
So naturally, I though I would too
I saw mum...saw the slight frown, the gentle shake of her head
and then her smile.
I guess she was dissapointed in the dirt, But she loved me still

With one wave of her hand she sent me to the bath
and with tender strokes washed away all the grime
I watched the brown stains drain away, 
never to return ever again....I was clean

I waited and waited for my bags to be packed
But it never was.
When I asked, all i got was that same gentle shake of her head
"Not this time darlin", not this time....
Crushed, I swore never to return to the mud
I remembered in shame how I splashed around in the pits
Now, because of it, Mum loved me less
And there would be no summer camp for me


Two years passed, Each year, camp came and passed
But I remained at home...that darned mud pit
Today, one week to the start of camp, 
mum came in and asked me to get set...I was going to camp
She said it was never my time all those years
But now was perfect timing
I began to cry...all these while i knew mum loved me
But i felt she loved me a lil less cos of that time i was messed up
Turns out she never stopped loving me, 
All she wanted was for my best....
and now....MY BEST IS HERE




PS: 

Ps 103:2(MSG) 
"as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins."....
Eph 3: 17-19
....And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Such a beautiful story. You know, sometimes the best kind of love is 'tough love.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and lovely write-up and with a message too. Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaaaw!!! Couldn't help smiling Beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I did not read this beautiful post...

    ReplyDelete