Thursday, September 30, 2010

Seeing the Finish Line

Its about the 2000th mile.....
I feel my muscles straining,
hear my panting...like echoes from another plane,
My heart pounds so hard against my chest....and I savor the feeling,
It tells me I still have strides in me,
There's no giving up this race....till I cross the finish line.





....The Finish line...
Now, that's an interesting part of this race,
Cos, I don't know where "it" is,
3000th mile? 4000th?....
I really do not know,
But I know its there, somewhere in the horizon,
My coach says it is...He's seen it you know.

So I pace,
I listen out for my coach and I pace....
"Slow down now" He says
"Now pick up the speed"
"Have a drink of water"
"I know you're weak, but just take one step"
"One foot in front of the other...you can do this".

And that's how we've come this far, Coach and I
I remember telling Him once,
"Just tell me where the race ends, lemme know where the line is
then I'll be better, I'd plan the course and at least I'd know
how much longer I have left till the final distance"
To which He replied.
"All you need, and all you'd ever need to cross that line
Is to listen to me,
Let My voice be your focus,
then I would guide you, and bring you across that finish line"






Hebrews 12:2a (New International Version)

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,

2 comments: