Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Praise - Day 3







"I don't even know where to go again, the offer they made is just not worth it, at this rate my chances are wearing thin what with my pregnancy and all, I was hoping this would be it, at least since I'm just 5weeks gone, I still have time to show my potentials before my due date, that way no one would have issues when i have to take my maternity leave, well, worst case, I'd just stick on and keep working here, for now though, i just leave it all to God"



Those were the words Karen , (my immediate big sis), typed as we chatted few months back,she's been working in the same firm with her hubby and being that her hubby is a partner, its not been a very "exciting" experience since after their wedding, so she really had been praying for another job so she could resign and move on. Now, just yesterday I got a text from her saying she got offered a job in a much coveted institution and she did not even apply for the job in the first place, she's expected to start on the 16th. Although she was supposed to be posted to Abuja, they changed it to Lagos so she could remain with her husband, she is just about three months away from her due date, and they know and are willing to still offer her the job, with a pay way beyond what she expected.

So today Father, I want to thank You for Your word that says "A Mans heart devises his way, but the Lord directs His steps"....for where we planned and schemed, You stepped in and moved us along the path You had set for us, the same God You are who makes a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

We lift up our hands in gratitude Lord, and thank you for this that You have done and the many more You are still yet to do, we praise You for who You are.

What do you Praise Him for today?

8 comments:

  1. I Thank God for your sister. God can make the best out of any situation. I wish her all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zel...God sure can, He never ceases to baffle me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! that is so nice, When God does His things, HE adds all sorts of colour to it, so glad for your sister.

    I am thanking God in advance for my job testimony, really challenged by your decision to thank God the whole month, its been challenging for me, but I would try to be more thankful.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for ur sis! I tap into this testimony for my boyfie...the job hunt has been hard for him but I am believing that the good Lord will mke all things beautiful in His time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God never ceases to amaze us..i glorify Him for His divine Grace upon ur sis..

    may He continue to do much more than we expect..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for your sister, it can be so hard to get a job and then pregnant too.

    I thank God for my family back home, we're passing through unusual times but I believe it is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwww. I like hearing things like this. Praise God. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the Lord!

    I'm so happy for your sister!

    God is faitful, he able to do more then we can ask for and all things work together for our good always!

    I'm really happy for her!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete