Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Praise - Day 21 (The Gift of Growth)

Today i had one of those "Look how far You've brought me" moments.

Growing up, I started out great, yeah i was major stubborn and playful in pry school but my grades were always tops, then came sec school (high school) and i began to wonder...maybe my mates back in pry school were not the real deal intellectually (no insult intended pple, i still love you to bits), i became the kind of kid parents dread to have...the best result i came home with was 9th out of a class of 30, coming from my background...that was major disappointing.

By my college years, I just gave it up and settled comfortably into the average range....until my 3rd year that is, and although i didn't graduate with the kind of result I desired, i told myself i was no failure, and today, when i look back 6 years ago, I smile, cos that young woman who was unsure has blossomed beyond what she felt possible...that naive and self conscious girl, has grown into a confident woman, willing to pursue it all.

So father, today, I want to thank You for where You have brought me from, Its not my doing, so I do not boast in me, but its what You did for me when You began to show me who I am in You...For this father, I lift my hands and say Thank You.


What are You thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I'm thankful for how far God has brought me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for this series..Its a constant reminder that whatever situation I am, there's something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete