Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Praise - Day 12 (The gift of divine protection)




Driving to work this morning, I witnessed two accidents, one involved  injury/the loss of persons, the other did not but the vehicles were is a real nasty state.


Those of us who live in Lagos know how crazy driving can sometimes be, and how most times we teach ourselves to drive as though we are the only sane person on the road.
Some days, we get so overwhelmed in the chaos that we sometimes join in on the crazed driving pattern.....


If we are motorists in Lagos, and we are alive, we are whole, we have no cause to lie on the hospital bed, or maybe we have been on that bed, but today the story is different, we need to lift up our hands together and say "Thank You Father" this morning.


Daddy, today my heart is filled with gratitude for how you have kept me and my family, through the many years of driving, we have had no cause to weep and this has nothing to do with how careful we are or how good our driving skills are. So many who were better at driving or even more careful have lost their lives due to the carelessness of another, so over and over again Father, we say thank You.


Thank You for even those days when we had to commute, you took us out and brought us in, we have mounted okada's, the danfo we were in has crossed a trailer dangerously, but in all of these, Your hand of protection has been mighty upon us.


I take a moment to pray for all those who have lost persons, or have had to be hospitalized due to accidents, i pray for the people we saw this morning...Lord, be their strength be their comfort, sometimes, when words fail to make meaning, You are the only part of life we can hold on to that makes sense, In their dark moments, help them make sense of life through You.


Amen.


* okada - local motor-bike used as a means of transport
* danfo - public bus

3 comments:

  1. Thank God for protection! we should never take it for granted.

    And I thank God that he kept you alive today to type up this post
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is somehting that is so easy to forget. When we leave our houses and come back intact, it is enough reason to thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also grateful to God for protection for me and my loved ones.
    I also witnessed an accident today on my way to the office,
    Father thank you!

    ReplyDelete