Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Praise - Day 10 (For the gift of love/friendships)



This morning Daddy, I though about changing seasons and how some of my friendships experience this, I thought about that particular relationship that is right now metamorphosing into a different phase, a phase that doesn't fill me with fuzzy feelings like the previous phase did, and I though that sucked, but then You reminded me of how no matter the season of change, no matter who goes and who stays, you have always remained steadfast, Your steadfast love never ceases.

In those brief moments spent with You today before I got out of bed, You reminded me that, even when seasons change, You never change, and when life happens and relationships change, I can thank You for the gift of caring enough for someone, to miss them when they are gone.I can thank You for the days we laughed together, cried together, grew together and conquered together. I can thank You for the shared dreams over lunch and the glimpse of greatness in the life of another.I can thank You for conversations that challenged me to be a better me, and for encouraging words that pushed me back on my feet when I wanted to throw in the towel.

So this morning, I thank You, for the gift of Love, Your Love, the Love of family, The love of friends (past, present and love that though still present, has changed). I thank You cos I know what it feels like to love deeply, I thank You cos I'm learning what it feels like to love truly, I thank You cos most importantly, I have Your love and daily, You teach me to love.

PS: Read this somewhere, and since it relates to my thanks for today...I decided to share a bit of it

Seasons come and go and we can’t fight those seasons from coming. We can’t halt the changes of Autumn nor the storms in the Winter. We need to accept them as they come, through grace. God has a plan for our friendships. Sometimes He brings them to us to bring us uplifting days, a shoulder to cry on, or just a day of fun among friends. He also allows us to suffer from the harsh storms of life, but He is always in control of the changing seasons. None of us enjoy when friendships change. We are comfortable in our friendships and we sometimes horde those friendships for ourselves. We don’t like to share those friendships and we don’t like to let them go, but we can’t control our friends. We can’t force those leaves to stay on the tree. They are changing and must fall eventually. The wind carries them away, dispersing pollen to neighboring lands to bring forth new friendships in the spring.

When the time comes for friendships to change, God has a plan for them and for you. If the winds of life come, and they will at some point, don’t fight it. They come for a reason, even if we don’t understand it. It’s much more pleasant to let your friends go where God leads them, with love and respect. Let them know you love them and you send them with blessings!


PSS: Blessing has a testimony right here, and since its a month of thanks, I just cant help but share...Join her in thanks today as I do :)

4 comments:

  1. If the winds of life come, and they will at some point, don’t fight it. They come for a reason, even if we don’t understand it. It’s much more pleasant to let your friends go where God leads them, with love and respect...

    This is such a beautiful (and relevant) post to me. I learned about this a while back. I also learned that our friends are relevant for specific seasons of our lives as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are...and when we understand that, it gives us the ability to enjoy every season rather than fight them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read through this and cant help but be emotional about it...

    I have a friend that we grew apart for the better part of this year, she showed in my office on friday as a surprise asking for my forgiveness and honestly I dont know what for! but as I read through this - I picked up my phone just to say thank you for being my friend...

    And thank you dear for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ebun,

    I also felt so emotional when writing this post, some friendships have a way of touching us deep down at our core.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete