Friday, June 25, 2010

You just dont listen do you???....

Those are the words i tell my mind
When my heart knows a thing 
but my mind just fails to grasp it.

Sometimes i wonder why she acts dense
"It cant be that hard can it?" i ask
and silently she replies
"oh, you just dont know".


So my heart told me "enjoy the process of learning"
and then yesterday, while learning
I slipped and fell, and yeah it hurt.
My heart told me "laugh, then try again"
My mind taunted "you just cant get it right can you?"
"little miss perfect yet still you fail?"

And so, even though i know in my heart
that the process of learning should be enjoyed
the failures, embraced and as a part of it all
In my mind, I just wanna curl up and hide
shamed to the deepest parts...
till fear stops me trying, lest once again, i fail....

To her i must be fair though
Sometimes she does know better
like in the matters of love and relationships
She becomes teacher and my heart...the student
they just confuse me you know...
my heart...my mind
But when they learn to work as one....
Together they make me....the best that I've ever been





Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]....Rom 12:2 (Amp)


PS: Does your heart and mind war too like mine? is there any example you wanna share?

8 comments:

  1. "Little miss perfect who still fails."

    It struck a chord with me because I felt like this in my own walk and growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The struggle of the heart and the mind! I know it all too well...

    I have plenty of examples that I can't think of at the moment...but what has worked for me is to pray
    b4 I make a decision...practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it lately, I've put my mind in control because I refuse to be a slave to 'feelings' I've learned that the heart can be naïve - it deals in ideals and not reality; so when it tells me 'you like him' I ignore it and listen to my rational mind that says 'you don't like him. You can see yourself liking him but that's irrelevant since he's married with a child. And no, it doesn't matter that his marriage is flailing. you pray for that marriage to heal and stay away' Matter concluded. So in a situ where I'd be a puddle of mixed emotions, I know the right thing to do. I also listen to my mind over my heart because I believe that my mind has a closer connection to my spirit(and the spirit of truth). Anyways pardon the long story but err while the heart has it uses e.g. compassion, empathy life decisions shouldn't be made based on its leading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many examples... Just yesterday I encountered a similar situation. I think this is one of those areas where we genuinely need the discernment of the Holy Spirit. The heart and mind are both there for guidance. So we need a healthy dose of both logic and emotions, because sometimes we need to be objective and other times subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. couldn't help but laugh @ i don't know why she acts dense..
    me thinks it all about growth.. at some stage we cld have the heart and mind on equal levels.. but when we work on it by asking for the holy spirits help..we find that we are more inclined to listen and obey the spirit..
    this is almost a daily thing..and don't know why no example is coming to me now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jaycee

    Ahhh...u used to be a perfectionist like me too...lol

    @Blowing Blessings

    Prayer and the Holy Spirit sure puts them both in perspective

    @48


    You know...i so get ur point you know...when it comes to matters of the heart...as someone once quoted "the mind has reasons the heart knows nothing about"...but have you ever been in that place where you read a passage in the bible and while your heart believes it...you mind cant just accept it..you have to ask the Holy Spirit to help you accept the word as true....

    I think both the heart and the mind has their plus n minus...but with the H.Spirit as our constant guide, we are set on the right path

    @Berean

    My sentiments exactly :)


    @ oluSimeon said...

    Hmm...true that...growth...the more we get mature both in our actions and in our walk with God, the more we are transformed by the renewing of our minds

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just narrated my story. Thank God for the Holy Spieit

    ReplyDelete