Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thinking right while i wait

I sat in bed and grabbed a book
My thoughts had begun to wander again.
I have these hopes I hold so dear
Tonight, I fear to think on them

Not because I doubt I’d get there
But because my hearts yearns it for now
Yet not my will but His be done
That really is my cause for fear

What if my now is His tomorrow
Like Abraham, who never “saw” descendants like stars?
I don’t want to see just by faith
Like I child, I want to see in the present too.

My friends, they say to me “you doubt”
Believe or He would not heed thy call.
But nay, not doubt, but moments in life
When strongly my desires, pull my heart strings

I read my book, a great one it is.
As tunes of worship from my ipod I hear
I would not let my mind wander far
To places where lies anxiety and unrest.

But safe in the arms of Jesus
Safe on His gentle breast
There by His love o’ershaded
Sweetly my soul shall rest



Philippians 4:8 – 9 (MSG)
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Isaiah 50:7 (New International Version)
Because the Sovereign LORD helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
and I know I will not be put to shame.


PS: When we wait on God, He strengthens us, He blesses us, even while we are still waiting on Him, He builds our faith, He draws us closer to Himself, He shows us things we did not see before when we seek His face, He teaches us to soar above the challenge and like the eagle we soar above the storms....the waiting period is never a wasted on...no matter how long it takes

9 comments:

  1. Jhazmyn, Im lovin' your spiritual poetry.
    You remind me of david and his psalms. I see many poets who write about other stuff but a spiritual poem that also ministers is real strong...please do this more often! I know God sees these words in your heart b4 they hit ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice
    Isaiah 50v7 is one of my best scriptures. good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, yes, yes this is just what i needed to read today and right now. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Afronuts

    Thanks afro, i'm glad u like it...and God sure does...writing this was also kindda therapeutic for me...like His strength being perfected in my weakness

    @ Omotee

    i love the scripture too and thanks

    @ Believer

    I'm so glad it blessed you...i hoped it would....go on and soar as an eagle as you wait on Him

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though it tarries, it will surely come. I pray you remain steadfast for the answers come soon. Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not easy to stay focused, but it IS DOABLE. Glad to know where your eyes are, while you wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one that... fill the mind by meditating on things true.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wait may not be easy, but it is sure worth every second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they will walk and not be weary, they will run and not be faint...and Ron Kenoly added...the Lord will go before us, His joy will be our strength!

    Waiting is not the easiest thing but in our wait, God teaches us lessons too precious to learn otherwise.


    Because we put our trust in the holy one of Israel, we shall not be ashamed!

    Love the poem sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete