Thursday, September 3, 2009

More than Conquerors


The Beauty of being me,

The one who stands tall,

Me, more than a conqueror.

I do not wield the sword,

Nor do i string the bow,

Sharpen the arrows,

Or even polish the sheaths.



Him it is, who goes before me,

Him it is, who fights the battle,

Wins the war

And shouts the war cry.

And then, after He is done,

He comes to me,

Me...Hmmm...Me...Simple me,

Looks me in the eye

And hands to me, the spoils of war



Ahhh...the beauty of being me

Loved and chosen by Him,

Envied by all the other maidens,

When, through the market place

I walk, adorned with my treasures.



He, My husband is forever THE ONE WHO CONQUERS

And i, His bride, because He did it all for me,

I am...MORE THAN A CONQUEROR.




(Roman 8:27 - No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us)



17 comments:

  1. Oh Jhazmyn, this is lovely. It made me stop and think of my worth because of HIM. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, positively, WONDERFUL! I love this, love this, love this! It is Him who has does the work and His bride that receives...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the part where he hands us the spoils of war without even so much as lifting up a sword!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this!
    I am more than a conqueror!
    I am thankful to God......

    I like:-
    Him it is, who goes before me,

    Him it is, who fights the battle,

    Wins the war

    And shouts the war cry.

    And then, after He is done,

    He comes to me,

    Me...Hmmm...Me...Simple me,

    Looks me in the eye

    And hands to me, the spoils of war

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much
    He, My husband is forever THE ONE WHO CONQUERS

    And i, His bride, because He did it all for me,

    I am...MORE THAN A CONQUEROR.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really enjoyed reading this :)


    have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice write up. Had you been there in bible days,maybe we'd have had a book from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a luvli luvli piece..
    nice n refreshing....
    how u doin..?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "...this is the victory which has gotten the victory over the world, or faith." 1 John 5: 4

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely poetic piece with a spark that definitely leaves a thotful mark

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo lovely!

    See how much i'm worth just because of what He did!
    I'm singing now...

    ReplyDelete