Friday, May 22, 2009

This Place I'm at.....

....Is filled with moments of "here and there", "sweet and sour", "hot and cold",i guess we all find ourselves in this place sometimes, but somehow, in this place, i find that i'm mostly silent, and in my silence, i find the grace to come through...i always come through....hmmm, to be held by grace, its such a beautiful thing, i lie in my bed and sometimes, i sing, sometimes, i just reflect..i shamelessly let go, the anger, the tears, the overflow of whatever feeling wells up inside of me and then i feel like i'm held and soothed, comforted and assured.

Its in the feeling of quiet that surrounds my heart, its in the timely phone call, its in the scripture that comes to mind...Its simply His unwavering love for me

Anyways, my thoughts are a bit jumbled...i wrote this sometime today, i needed to speak to fears, doubts, frustration and discouragements...so i did, in my own way


There you are, once again,
Strutting in with your swagger so vain
Once again hoping to cause me some pain
But hear this; your plans will bring no gain

I feel the tear drops course down my face
Within the silent retreat of this place
Locked within Grace’s firm embrace
I turn to stare you in the face

I feel the sting, right where you struck
My heavy heart, she joins in your mock.
The clock comforts with its tick tock
Few minutes left for the crowing cock.

I rise so tall, I rise real sure
With charm and poise, I’m so assured
Don’t hear your bragging chants no more
Your subtle now, not like before

So yes, sometimes with you I struggle
My weary feet, sometimes may stumble
But when they fail, that’s when I fly
To heights unknown, I glide on high

7 comments:

  1. wow! jumbled did u say? this is some madd poetic meter. It so describes my current state of emotions ...becuz I also want to turn and stare fear and timidity in the face, while locked in Grace's embrace. but when my feet fail, is when I fly. Dang Jhazmyn! ok, so I might print this out...but not to worry, u will get copyrighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piece! Speaks of triumph! God's grace brings us out!
    How're you dearie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Omo Oba, lol, feel free to print it if u want to girlfriend, and i'm so sure you'd stare real good in the face of fear n timidity, afterall, you're not "Omo Oba" for nutting.

    @ Writefreak, it sure does and at the right time too, i'm doing good, still working on getting the info for copyrighting..would get back to you on it soon as i have it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!
    There's great comfort in knowing that even if we fall, we can still rise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this a lot. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ enkay, bloggoratti and ssydelle, tnxs guys, there's real triumph in rising up over and over again

    ReplyDelete