Friday, April 24, 2009

I AM ENOUGH

I was going to put this up yesterday, but i decided to wait for today...its in celebration of the start of another year for me, i want to be the first to say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JHAZMYN The words..."I AM ENOUGH", have been ringing constantly in my ears and its been a great feeling, that feeling of empowerment, that feeling of being unstoppable, that feeling that makes one believe they can do whatever it is they set their heart on to do.

I'm not qualified because i'm cute, classy, priviledged, connected or even book-smart, i'm not qualified cos right now i look the part of success, i'm not qualified cos i look all put together and complete (not that these on their own are not important), i'm not qualified, fit or sufficient in myself to count anything as coming from me, but my power, ability and sufficiency are from God (2 Corinth 3:5).

Ahhh, the empowerment in that, realising that He gives me what it takes to do all that i do.
And so i was at calabar, representing my boss at a presentation and the CEO of the company there walked in, looking all daunting and untouchable, and at first i'm freaked out, but then...He's my qualifier right, its not about me but Him. I look round, i'm the youngest in the room, the one will the least number of years in terms of qualification, the least corporate looking, in my jeans, fitted shirt and cute loafers (dont judge, i'm an architect so its allowed to be in jeans constantly, moreover, what'll i do without my jeans? lol). So i tell myself, just do the damn presentation and get moving, it'll be a walkover....and a walkover it was, it went great
Two hours later, the presentation is done, i'm about to set out for the airport cos I need to be back in Lagos today, the CEO walks up to me
"So jhazmyn, it was nice meeting you, Mrs. A (My boss) never told me she had a dynamite working with her, we wont have gone with the higher end proposal, but I must confess, you erased every doubt while you made that presentation, I'd be in touch, I'm sure we'd be doing a whole lot more with you guys"

I got to the office and Mrs A says

"Wow jhazmyn, what the hell did you do in calabar, he has insisted you and you alone handle the project, i'm proud of you cos he's a tough one to impress "

Humbled, that's what I was, cos truth be told, all I did was repeat those words to myself before i began...He is my qualifier, He is my qualifier, He is my qualifier... and the rest of the day just passed by like a mirage.

These days, I walk tall, I walk strong, not because of anything i have done on my own, but because, when I look into the mirror(2corinth 3:18), the reflection i see makes me realise that because of who I am, created by the one who holds the world in His hands, i dont have to try to be, i just have to be, because, on my own, according to His creation of me.....I AM ENOUGH, and so are you


Note:
2 Corinth 3:18 - And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit









19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!!

    May God grant you all your wishes and yes you are enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I walk tall, I walk strong...because of who I am, created by the one who holds the world in His hands. I don't have to TRY to be, I jst have to be...I AM ENOUGH."

    Ah! Ah!Preach it girl! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!

    "I am enough..." I love that!

    Kudos on doing your thing and getting props at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im goin to b quoting dat every day nw! my dad alwayz used to say ur body would do exctly wat ur mind tells it to do! feed it with positive words...u get positive actions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, this post is on fiya! Happy birthday, happpy happy birthday! He is our qualifier, if God be for us, what can man do to us? enjoy your day. I celebrate you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday..
    Interestn post,thanks 4 sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Jhazmyn! May this be your nest year ever and may God continue to show you the picture He has of you!

    I like that I AM QUALIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!

    He is indeed Elshadai - the God of Plenty. He is more than enough!

    There are many more beautiful years ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and congrats on nailing it!

    And thank you for making my day brighter. I have been feeling so low, but I feel a tint of belief in myself again thanks to you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy bday girl!!!

    i totally enjoyed reading this post...

    yes i am also enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Brthday in arrears.
    You just gave me insight into those words of God. Thank you. You are more than enough. May His favor continue to surround you as a shield.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was truly inspiring. I thank God on ur behalf..

    Happy belated birthday! How did ur day go?

    Good luck with the project..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry i cant respond to every comment individually but thanks people, for the congratulations and the birthday wishes, it sure made my day on the 24th...muaahh to y'all, ur just the best.

    I'm glad the post inspired you guys too, that means a lot to me, to be able to do something, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this was beautiful. It made me reflect on my own life.

    ReplyDelete